Two For.....


Ok, so time escaped me yesterday so today I will let you in on TWO things I am thankful for. Today (and yesterday) I am thankful for my past and my future, but mostly the present.Corny... I know. But hear me out.

I am thankful for my past because, while it has been quite a roller coaster of good and bad, it has molded me into the person I am today. I know that I touched on this in detail previously in a post a week or so ago, but It's important to emphasize that without the trials and tribulations of the past, I would not be where I am today. If I hadn't met the poeple I've met through my life, whether they are currently apart of it or not, my life may not have turned out the way it has so far. My parents did their part to mold me into this thoughtful, open minded person and my brothers and sisters, God bless them, helped me develop a tough skin when things aren't always rainbows and sunshine. 

My future, while I have no earthly clue what is in store, it is a blessing to know that I have a bright one. I have used the past to develop into a person who can do just about anything I put my mind to (other than levetation and instant teleportation... but it would be cool!). I understand that hard work is required to get you what you want in life, but if you are determined you can achieve them! 


But most importantly I am thankful for right here and right now. I find that when I am anxious, nervous, depressed, upset.... If I stop and I evaluate my life as it exists in that exact moment, everthing is going to be just fine. So as I sit here, at my desk, writing this post, I remember that the sun is shining brightly and has come to warm up the cool, crisp air that woke me up (very quickly) this morning. The leaves are falling bringing with is the end of a growing season, but it isn't the end of their life. With each falling leaf there is an opportunity for new beauty and growth. There is a chance for new life! I have food in my belly (a delicious scrapple, egg, and cheese sammie from Sue's Deli next door!) and a roof over my head. I have everything I need and I am satisfied with that. And that, my friends, is a wonderful thing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Life

Jeremiah 29:11

Live and Learn