Just keep trying

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

I can sit here a throw a bunch of the usual cliche one liners at you like "you're lapping everyone on the couch" and "If it was easy, everyone would do it".... but I'm not gonna do that. 


The truth is that, while those things are true, the better and more truer truth is that you will have a much better sense of accomplishment and self worth if you do it for yourself. Don't throw on your workout gear and hit the gym to out-do the guy next to you. Don't throw on that 21 Day Fix workout and try to be like Autumn. You are not these people and what these people do and say do not directly affect you... unless, of course what they are saying is "you are about to be struck by a vehicle" - then I might be inclined to listen to that person and get the hell out of the way of the car.

Every one of our big accomplishments are actually an accumulation of a lot of small accomplishments. So pay attention to the details and I say that (to a certain extent) we should sweat the small stuff.

For example, today I got myself back to the gym for the first time in weeks and I got a good 4 miles in and did some ab work. I also got Ciara there in time for her Hoops class. This was a big accomplishment. But it happened because I got my urgent work done at the office early so I got to leave a smidge early, so I got to pick Ciara up a little early. These are small things, but they impacted something much bigger.


An now that I have made this accomplishment, I am determined to feel that proud again tomorrow.... which means up bright and early to get in a couple extra miles in the morning before work.

Having said that, I am going to cut this post short today so that I can get enough sleep.

The important message is that you appreciate yourself and that you are able to be proud of what you've done.

Don't forget who you are Fixing for.... Hint: it better be you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adult Life

Jeremiah 29:11

Merry Go Rounds