Adult Life

Today is all about not wanting to be an adult!! As my wonderful friend and coach said today, "why can't I just spend all day working out and cooking instead of being an adult!?"

Well put my friend. Well put!

Today was full of less than fun adult stuff, like getting up way too early for any human being to be even getting up to pee, working 11 hours, running around like a maniac to pick up my 6 year old and feed her and get her to swimming lessons, plus squeezing in my own workout while at the gym, then getting home, putting her to bed, trying to get some bills paid and clean up the kitchen a little, feeding every animal in the house (there are a lot), getting them all to go potty, trying to get more bills paid, rsvping to birthday parties and graduation parties, trying to plan out the rest of the week in order to make sure at least one of the thousands of major projects for the house get done.... I'm sorry, I've completely lost my train of thought because I have a million and a half things to do and not enough time to do them.


Yep... this pretty much describes me almost every morning..... alas, I still manage to get up in the morning and make some magic happen. I work my butt off at work and then come home and work my butt off here..... yet amazingly, my butt has gotten no smaller LOL!

I am still determined to make healthy changes in my life, one of which includes reducing my stress. Because when I'm stressed, I don't eat healthy. And when I don't eat healthy, I feel even less like working out.... so I don't. BUT today was a decent day. I got a lot done at work, I managed to get Ciara to her swim lessons, get in a two mile run and do about 10 minutes of abs. I also managed to at least clear most of the counter top in the kitchen and pay a couple of my many bills! And after today, I have made a good evaluation for my life:

So I'm looking into making that event in Freaky Friday a true story... switch spots with my 6 year old and be a kid for a while. If it works out, I'll let you guys know so you can join me. 
So after thinking about this I kind of thought to myself, "ya know, I'm doing pretty damn well for myself that, with everything that needs to be done, I have made it through the day and still got a workout in, and I didn't kill anyone in the process.... success" If I can do this, I can do anything and now I've decided who I want to be...
Image result for i made it through the day

If only the rest of the house felt the same way about me.... then maybe they would automatically help me keep the house clean and help out. That would be awesome! But that's never going to happen, so I'll just do it all myself.

Anyway, back to the important stuff. Sometimes a small accomplishment is all you have, but all big accomplishments are made up of many, many small ones.
Put on your best smile, throw on some courage and energy, and get out there to take on the day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stay Strong and Keep Moving!

Happy Valentine's Day Means..... New Adventures!!